Bench Top EDXRF Spectrometer With Secondary Targets
Xenemetrix’s Genius IF (Secondary Targets) EDXRF spectrometer offers a cost-effective solution in today’s market of elemental analysis.
The analyzer provides a non-destructive qualitative and quantitative determination from Carbon(6) to Fermium(100), providing detection limits from sub-ppm to high weight percent concentrations.
The Genius IF has powerful components including:
- A fully integrated computer system
- A high resolution Slicon Drift Detector
- A powerful X-Ray tube with variable spot sizes, designed to accommodate samples of various sizes
- Eight secondary targets and eight customizable tube filters for fast and accurate determination of trace and minor elements
Genius IF can also operate in the classical direct excitation mode.
Silicon Drift Detector(SDD):
the Silicon Drift Detector enables high count rates, improved resolution, down to 125eV and fast response time, in order to minimize operational down time.
SDD LE- Ultra – Ultra-thin detector window provides superior performance for low Z elements analysis.
The Genius IF has a unique patented geometry combining eight secondary targets, with eight customizable tube filters used in direct excitation mode, to allow optimal excitation of all elements that can be detected in EDXRF.
The WAG (Wide Angle Geometry) patented secondary target technique provides the best results for major, minor and trace element analysis.
The X-ray tube excites the characteristic K lines of a secondary target (a pure metal) which are used to excite the sample ”monochromatically”.
By using secondary targets, the detection limits for certain elements can be lowered even further.
These lower detection limits make the Genius IF suitable for a larger range of applications that had previously not been accessible to conventional ED-XRF instruments, and turn this instrument into the most versatile elemental analyzer available.
- Non-destructive elemental analysis C(6) – Fm(100) from Sub- ppm to 100% concentrations.
- Unique patented geometry combines eight secondary targets and up to eight customizable filters for fast and accurate determination of trace and minor elements.
- Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) enables extremely high count rate applications with excellent energy resolution, down to 125eV, suitable for both high and low z elements & LE thin polymer window for improved light elements analysis.
- Sample tray with 8/16 positions.
- Strong analytical software package.
Petrochemical, Polymers, Metallurgical, Alloys, Environmental, Oil, Fuels, Diesel & Liquids, Mining & Geological, Forensics, Authentication & Precious Metals, Pharmaceutical & Biomedical.